I keep talking about getting #Fitby50, sort of the same way I went on and on about becoming Fit by 40. Though I have made some strides to get healthier, I have a very long way to go.
There are less than 30 days until I turn 49. FORTY NINE – How is that even possible? It is one of those birthdays that remind you that the life you were planning to create, well boys and girls, this is it. You get one shot. And though I may be turning 49, there is no reason I can’t pull a Betty White and keep going! But that is going to require some more lifestyle changes, as well as keeping some of my new habits going.
If you would like to join me on this quest, I encourage you to do so! I’m going to be documenting my experience, to the best of my ability over next “birth” year – as in Feb. 16, 2022 until Feb. 16, 2023 – when I turn 50.
Here are a few of things I will share and/or continue to do:
- Work with my nutritionist (Yes, I meet with a nutritionist every other week to discuss my goals.)
- Get back in the gym (I do already have a membership, I just need to go!)
- Meditate Daily (I am currently on a 20 day streak of meditation! I use the Calm App)
- Stretch/Yoga (I typically stretch during/after my meditation each morning.)
- Devotion/Prayer (Incorporate some form of spiritual practice/study/gratitude.)
- Walk/Play with Dorian (I’m currently signed up with Run America for daily walks.)
- Spend quality time off social media
- Read More (I read a lot now, but this goes back to the social media post. I need to get off of it!)
- Write More (This is just good old fashioned therapy for me.)
- Learn something new
I have lost 31 pounds over the past year. That’s not too shabby. I have a very long way to go! My knees are shot, I am tired and stressed a lot of the time, and well, life is what it is. If I can do it, I think you can too! (Please join me, I really need some people to vent to!) If you are interested in feeling better over the next year, then make sure to subscribe to this blog. (Go to the home page and scroll all of the way to the bottom and put your email in!) Or simply follow on FB! Make sure to leave comments and let me know how you are doing!
It won’t be simple, but it is possible!