Woo, Woo, Chattanooga – There You Are!

Pardon me boy, is that the Chattanooga Choo Choo?
Track twenty nine, boy you can gimme a shine
I can afford to board a Chattanooga Choo Choo
I’ve got my fare and just a trifle to spare
You leave the Pennsylvania station ’bout a quarter to four
Read a magazine and then you’re in Baltimore
Dinner in the diner, nothing could be finer
Than to have your ham ‘n’ eggs in Carolina
When you hear the whistle blowin’ eight to the bar
Then you know that Tennessee is not very far
Shovel all the coal in, gotta keep it rollin’
Woo, woo, Chattanooga, there you are
There’s gonna be a certain party at the station
Satin and lace, I used to call funny face
She’s gonna cry until I tell her that I’ll never roam

This is the final chapter of my Chattanooga experience!

Our last full day in Chattanooga was Saturday. We woke up to a fairly dry morning and made our way over to the main house on Little Tails Farm in Dunlap, TN.

Part of the Airbnb experience included an opportunity to pet, feed, and play with the miniature animals on the farm. I. Was. In. Heaven.

A Great Pyrenes greeted us upon arrival, and yes, we were allowed behind the fence!

I petted a pig for the very first time.

And was nibbled by a miniature horse.

After we left the main house, we went back to shower and change since we got a little muddy with the animals and no sooner did we get back, but the cos outside of our tiny house came to visit.

I FINALLY got to pet a Hairy Coo!!!!

After my magical moments with the cows, we got dressed and headed back into Chattanooga and visited the Selfie Museum. Yes, that is totally a thing.

To say that Tim was NOT comfortable at the museum would be an understatement.

But somehow I talked him into participating. Here are just a few of the shots we took.

After the museum, we headed next door to a French shop and I purchased a gorgeous red wool beret.

Next up were our tickets to a Whiskey Distillery.

The Chattanooga Whiskey Distillery was on the same block as the Selfie Museum, so we were able to just walk around the corner.

We waited a few minutes, then joined up with our group to learn about how whiskey is made and then went down into their basement to see where it is stored and aged.

After about 45 minutes, we made our way upstairs to the private bar in the back for our whiskey flight and tasting.

I’m not a huge whiskey girl, and I barely took a sip. I gave all of my shots to Tim. He then proceeded to not only drink mine, but his also.

Needless to say, he was three sheets to the wind. He did inform me that we should have started off at the Whiskey tour and THEN went to the Selfie Museum. It would have been a different experience.

The more you know.

By this point, I knew I needed to get a little food in him – so we headed to the waterfront.

We went to the Boathouse and Raw Bar and some of the most delicious food!

After dinner, we went for dessert and picked up a few gourmet cupcakes to take back to the cabin.

We packed up our stuff, had a final night in the tiny house and drove back home the next morning.

All-in-all, it was an awesome trip. If you are looking to follow our itinerary, just go back a few more posts and all of the links are provided on each day.

Until next time…

Published by nicolesdestinationunknown

Tourism Director * Freelance Writer * Southern * Catholic * Crazy Cat Lady * Wonder Women * Coffee Addict * Traveler * Voracious Reader * Cultural Junkie * *GSD Mom*

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: